Br. Dhyanamrita gave Bhagavad Gita class daily. The theme of the camp was ‘Love Everything’ and the chapter taken was 12 – Bhakti yoga.
Yoga, Meditation, Puja
Energizing yoga & meditation sessions made sure that the body and mind aligned perfectly to the Ma Om rhythm, and puja & worship purified the mind.
Workshops to create awareness, life skills and professional skills: From Pujas to Photography, Cooking to Critical management.
My Life, My Passion
Each day, these dignitaries the field of science, arts, literature, academics, sports, social work & culture shared their life with children.
Gitamritam 2013 Yuva camp reports
- Inauguration of Gitamritam 2013 YUVAWith the blessing of Amma, the first-ever camp for the youth, to learn Bhagavad Gita was conducted from 1st June to 8th June at Amrita University Campus, Coimbatore.
- My Life, My Passion: Love for Dance -Sudha ChandranSudha Chandran spoke to the campers in the My life, My Passion session on 2nd June 2013. In her inspiring talk, she spoke about the need to… Read more: My Life, My Passion: Love for Dance -Sudha Chandran
- Rhythm of Tabla with Love: Workshop by Muthu KumarA tabla workshop was conducted by Muthu Kumar and his wife Priya Kalyanpur. It was an interactive and entertaining session. They spoke about the need to respect… Read more: Rhythm of Tabla with Love: Workshop by Muthu Kumar
- My Life, My Passion: Love for Law & Order -Sundari Nanda IPSOn June 3rd 2013 Sundari Nanda I.P.S, interacted with the students during the My Life, My Passion session. Her key message to the campers was to hold… Read more: My Life, My Passion: Love for Law & Order -Sundari Nanda IPS
- My Life My Passion: Love for Neurons – Dr Shyam DiwakarDuring the session, My Life My Passion on June 4th 2013, Dr Shyam Diwakar spoke to the audience and gave a clear picture on neuropsychology and neuroscience.… Read more: My Life My Passion: Love for Neurons – Dr Shyam Diwakar
- Assessing one’s strengths and weaknesses: Psychology WorkshopDr Gitanjali Natarajan & Smitha VS conducted a workshop on Psychology. The session initially covered aspects of stress management. They advised the youth not be oversensitive and… Read more: Assessing one’s strengths and weaknesses: Psychology Workshop
- Love for the hearts: Dr R Krishna KumarDr Krishna Kumar spoke to the campers during the My Life, My Passion session on June 5, 2013. In this talk, he urged the audience to accept… Read more: Love for the hearts: Dr R Krishna Kumar
- Shraddha: Building AwarenessShraddha workshopShankar Kumaran conducted the Shraddha workshop on 2- 4 June 2013. He introduced the Panchakoshas, the five layers of human existence to the campers. His sessions… Read more: Shraddha: Building Awareness
- Shradda: Connectivity through Innocence and AwarenessShankar Kumaran conducted the Shraddha workshop on 2- 4 June 2013. He introduced the Panchakoshas, the five layers of human existence to the campers. His sessions focused… Read more: Shradda: Connectivity through Innocence and Awareness
- Dance with Love: Workshop on Kathakali and BharatanatyamParis Laxmi and Pallipuram Sunil performed and demonstrated both Bharatanatyam and Kathakali. They performed and shared the Navarasas and various mudras of Kathakali and gave practical sessions… Read more: Dance with Love: Workshop on Kathakali and Bharatanatyam
- Magic by Samala VenuSamala Venu presented magic for the campers. He shared some secrets with them. The blindfold item was an outstanding performance. ==== FeedbackEven though no one sticks to… Read more: Magic by Samala Venu
- Bring the change in society: Pravin PatkarPravin Patkar had a discussion with the campers on the societal problems of the present day – the child labour, slavery and human trafficking. The discussion helped… Read more: Bring the change in society: Pravin Patkar
- Workshop: Evolve from lust to LoveA workshop to understand the difference between Love, Like and Lust was conducted by Br. Mukesh & Br. Dhyanamrita. Examples from Puranas and present world were presented… Read more: Workshop: Evolve from lust to Love
- Bhajan: Singing with LoveEveryday evening we had an energetic bhajan session. ==== Feedbacks: The art of music is great and enjoying is another art.– Aswathi TS I enjoyed singing bhajans… Read more: Bhajan: Singing with Love
- Photography: shoot what you LoveA photography workshop was conducted by Br. Dhyanamrita. He explained how to take an interesting photo and what frame of mind one needs. Feedback: One of my… Read more: Photography: shoot what you Love
- Love for Compost: My Life, My Passion – Peter AshOn June 6, 2013, Peter Ash told campers that service to nature is the rent you pay for your room here on earth, and hence it is… Read more: Love for Compost: My Life, My Passion – Peter Ash
- Swimming with LoveEvery day we had swimming classes in the Olympic standard swimming pool at Amrita University. The children were taught to swim through life with Love and with… Read more: Swimming with Love
- Cook Aloo paratha with loveFeedbackWhen food is cooked with love then the senses ceases its action only heart responds.– Aswathi TS Well I had a good time making paratha and tea.… Read more: Cook Aloo paratha with love
- Yoganidra: Sleep with awarenessYoga Nidra session by Brahmachari Mukesh Kumar was there every day. Campers were made to sleep/relax consciously for 30 minutes. With simple instructions in the background of… Read more: Yoganidra: Sleep with awareness
- Meditation with LoveEvery day we had meditation sessions. Guided meditation classes were conducted at indoor and outdoor sessions. ==== FeedbackThese session made my mind relaxed and also helped me go inside.–… Read more: Meditation with Love
- My Life My Passion: In the footsteps of Sri Ram – Dr Ram Avatar SharmaDr Ram Avatar Sharma gave an inspiring talk during the My Life, My Passion session on 7th June 2013. Sharmaji demonstrated from the experiences that he shared… Read more: My Life My Passion: In the footsteps of Sri Ram – Dr Ram Avatar Sharma
- Yoga for mind and body, awareness is the keyGitamba gave classes every day combining pranayama and mantra to yoga. Boys and girls enjoyed these sessions thoroughly. Feedback These classes helped me to increase my willpower.… Read more: Yoga for mind and body, awareness is the key
- Bhagavad Gita in traditional styleBr. Dhyanamrita Chaitanya gave the class on Bhagavad Gita 12th Chapter – Bhakti Yoga. What is love? What is devotion? Who is a devotee? What he/she will… Read more: Bhagavad Gita in traditional style
- Love for Traditional MedicineMy Life My Passion: Love for Traditional Medicine by Dr P Ram ManoharDr P Ram Manohar spoke on June 8, 2013, during the My Life, My Passion… Read more: Love for Traditional Medicine
- Bhagavad Gita for a successful lifeBr. Dhyanamrita Chaitanya gave the class on Bhagavad Gita. The 12th Chapter – Bhakti Yoga was explained to the students. We discussed the idea of setting up… Read more: Bhagavad Gita for a successful life
- what changes this camp brought in you?Love everything and be happy.– Aswathi T.S.I have learnt that nothing in this universe is a waste, everything has value and there is no end for anything.… Read more: what changes this camp brought in you?
- Reflections of LoveReflections: a session where all expressed their thoughts, shared their talents sang and laughed loudly. FeedbackThis section was actually interesting as we could get answers for the… Read more: Reflections of Love