Bhagavad Gita Class
Empowering Children through creative learning of Bhagavad Gita
Br. Dhyanamrita gave Bhagavad Gita class daily. The theme of the camp was ‘xxx’ and the chapter taken was xxx. read more…
Yoga, Meditation, Puja
Energizing yoga & meditation sessions made sure that the body and mind aligned perfectly to the Ma Om rhythm; and puja & worship purified the mind. read more…
Workshops to create awareness, life skills and professional skills: From Pujas to Photography, Cooking to Critical management.
My Life, My Passion
Each day, these dignitaries the field of science, arts, literature, academics, sports, social work & culture shared their life with children
- Yoga by GitambaThe benefit of each and every step in the Surya Namaskara was well explained and demonstrated. She taught integrated Amrita Yoga in […]
- My Life My Passion: Love for Swimming – Akhilesh Matti RajakylaAkhilesh Matti Rajakyla is National Swimming Champion from Finland and participant in 2004 Athens & 2008 Beijing Olympics. Almost a hundred National […]
- Departure to be blissfulThe last moments of the 7 days residential Gita camp at Mysore 2012. None of them wanted to go back. But they […]
- Certificate of participationAll the students received a certificate of participation.
- Dancing to the tune of bhajansThe last day, all danced to the tune of bhajans – Hare Rama Hare Krishna – for nearly two hours!
- Bhajans & MeditationEveryday evening bhajans were vibrant and meditation followed.
- Puja workshop: exploring the Self
- Be brave, be helpful – Adventure games by ZbacThe adventure games by ZBAC team began by introducing the children to various aspects of fire, types of fire, conditions necessary for […]
- Bhagavad Gita class Bhakti Yoga – Love everythingBr. Dhyanamrita Chaitanya gave Bhagavad Gita class two sessions daily and some times three. He took the Chapter 12 – Bhakti yoga completely. […]
- Vedic chanting: Exploring the traditionIn the Vedic chanting session children were taught to follow the intonations and stress as given in the script. The session continued […]
- ReflectionsChildren sharing their views/understanding from different sessions on each day.
- Waste Management – Workshop by MahitaThe waste management session began with an interesting introductory session by Mahita from the USA where the value, cost and origin of […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for the Moon by BR GuruprasadBR Guruprasad, ISRO Scientist & Science Communicator narrated how his school and teachers shaped up his characters. He gave a beautiful powerpoint […]
- Story telling by Subba RaoK Subba Rao, Editor, Children’s magazine Dindima. Conceptualized Children’s monthly TINKLE. He wrote about 75 Amar Chitra Kathas and edited over 400 […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for the Desi cows – KEN Raghavan[KEN Raghavan, National Joint General Secretary, Ekal Vidhyalaya AbhiyanExpert in Training: Gram Vikas (Low cost, Micro Model) – Bio Gas, Organic Manure, […]
- Photography workshop: Shoot what you Love – by Br. DhyanamritaBr. Dhyanamrita took a workshop on photography where children were taught about the basics of photography. He believed that if we master […]
- Gopuja, worship of the cowThe children did a gopuja, worship of the cow. In Sanatana Dharma, everything is the form of the Lord. Creator himself has […]
- Knitting workshop by Hemavathy & IndraniKnitting session by Hemavathy & Indrani was useful and interesting. Children learnt the basic knitting skills. Each child could take home a […]
- Counseling workshop by SowndaramC S Sowndaram, Counsellor, Amrita University conducted a workshop for children on the subject how to deal with parents and teachers. She […]
- Chai making – workshop by Jayashree MenonThe tea making session was full of enjoyment as Jayashree Menon taught the children how to make tea with love and smile. […]
- Painting workshop by MamataMamata taught stencil painting of traditional design in an easy way. The abstract symmetric painting too was well appreciated by the children. […]
- Flower making workshop by MaheswariMaheswari taught children to make flower with clothing material and metal wires – locally available low-cost materials. They should make one of […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for Sri Rama – Ram Avatar SharmaDr Ramavatar Sharma began the session by giving the importance of visiting the temples and how one gets Samskara from it. The […]
- Cartoon workshop by Sidhharth KandothThe young artist Siddharth Kandoth began his workshop with an introduction to what cartoons are. He expressed how important are expressions in […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for the red light girls – Praveen & Priti PatkarMy Life, My Passion: Praveen Patkar and Smt. Priti Patkar This was one of the most touching guest lectures. Pravin Patkar began […]
- Dance with Love: workshop by Lakshmi & SunilThis is one of the workshop children enjoyed most. Lakshmi explained and demonstrated the forms of dance, Bharatanatyam and Kathakali with special […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for the computers by Dr. P Venkat RanganMy Life, My Passion: by Dr P Venkat Rangan, Vice-Chancellor, Amrita University Dr Rangan began the session by narrating how AMMA influenced […]
- Health & Hygiene – WorkshopHealth & Hygiene – Workshop by Dr Rahul Lakshman & Dr Lakshmi R Lashman Dr Rahul Lakshman and Dr Lakshmi R Lakshman […]
- My Life, My Passion: Love for the Elephants – Binoy BeheraBinoy Behera, ADGP Bhuvaneswar had an excellent Interaction with the students in the guest lecture – My Life, My Passion. He stressed […]
- Inauguration of first Gitamritam 2012 Bala campInauguration of first-ever Gitamritam at Amrita Vidyalayam Mysore on 15th October 2012. Gitamritam is a 7-day residential Bhagavad Gita camp for children.
- Students arrive for the first Gitamritam campKarwar students arrive via train for the camp at the early hours of 14th Oct 2012.