B R Guruprasad
Science Communicator & Public Relations Executive.
A satellite scientist, has rich experience in Satellite Mission Planning, Analysis and Operations and worked for over 25 Indian Satellite Missions.
Currently working at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) as Scientist Public Relations Officer.
- Graduated in Science in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Obtained Proficiency Certificate in the subject “Principles of Flight” (Aeronautics)
- Has a Masters Degree in Communications and Journalism
- Pursuing PhD at National Institute of Advanced Studies
- As a satellite scientist, has rich experience in Satellite Mission Planning, Analysis and Operations and worked for over 25 Indian Satellite Missions
- Worked at German Space Agency DLR and at NASA
- Invited to Japan in 2008 by Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) as a member of the panel on “Space Education for Young People” and presented a paper there
- Invited to France in 2010 for consultation and authentication of a science documentary
- Written more than 300 articles on science in English and Kannada Newspapers, Magazines and Newsletters
- Written nine books on Astronomy and Space in English and Kannada and contributed to many Encyclopedias and Compendiums
- Broadcast nearly one hundred Variety Science Programmes in All India Radio (AIR), Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) FM station Gyan Vani, Doordarshan and Private TV Channels.
- Delivered over 500 lectures on various science topics in educational and public service institutions and teacher’s reorientation programmes
- Created many TV documentaries on space and astronomy
- Conducted more than 100 quiz programmes in various institutions in many parts of India and in AIR and Doordarshan
Gitamritam speaker in the year 2012.