Dr Raman Krishna Kumar
MD, DM, FACC, FAHA
Clinical Professor and Head, Pediatric Cardiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala.
1984:MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
1988: MD All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
1990: Cardiology, (DM) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
1996: Pediatric Cardiology, Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
2002: Fellow of American College of Cardiology
2007: Fellow of American Heart Association
December 1990: Best Postgraduate in Cardiology (Gold Medal), AIIMS
March 2006: Vocational Service Award, for contributions to the “Gift of Life” program by Rotary International
September 2012: Tri-decennial Medical Teacher of Excellence Award by the National Board of Examinations
- Establishment of a pediatric heart program at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Kochi Kerala
- Establishment of large community-based studies on rheumatic heart disease , congenital heart disease and childhood hypertension and obesity
- Development of new techniques for closure of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA). The new techniques have enabled closure of over 1000 PDAs at Amrita Hospital at a relatively low cost. This is one of the world’s largest single center experiences.
- Teaching and Training of Pediatricians and Cardiologists in India and Neighbouring Countries through numerous Lectures, CME programs and Workshops
- Initiating a national fellowship training program in pediatric cardiology under the National Board of Examinations
- Organised the annual conference of the Pediatric Cardiac Society of India in 2000 and 2008.
- Over 60 CME courses and workshops in Pediatric cardiology, Echo and Interventions in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka,
- 9 National conferences
132 in all, includes Journals such as
- Annals of Thoracic Surgery
- Am J of Cardiology
- Am Heart Journal
- American Journal of Roentgenology, Cardiovascular and interventional Radiology
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions
- Journal of Pediatrics and, Heart
also Authored 2 books,
Founder co-editor of Annals of Pediatric cardiology
Gitamritam speaker in the year 2013.