Founder – Director – Prerana and Founder & Managing Trustee – Pariwartan.
Founder –Director- PRERANA a non-profit making body acting against human trafficking, protection of children of prostituted women, reintegration of rescued minor girls and young women. Protected over 9000 children.
Founder & Managing Trustee- Pariwartan-84. Comprehensive action programme to end the trafficking of tribals for forced labour. Successfully closed down the bonded labour system. Took up several programmes for rehabilitation of the trafficking victim tribal families as well as the Western Ghat mountains destroyed by illegal charcoal making. Has been running a residential school for 415 children of the trafficking victim tribal labour since 1987 in the Raigad district of Maharashtra state. The school bagged i) INR 2,50,000/- Best Ashramshala (residential school for tribals) Award of the State Government in the entire Konkan & Pune region in 2005 and ii) the school is the sports champion for 11 years.
Previously he was at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences for 20 years teaching at postgraduate level and guiding multidisciplinary research. Took voluntary retirement in 1995 as Associate Professor.
B.Sc. (Chemistry) Bombay University & M.A. (Social Work) TISS
Successful completion Pre Ph.D. Dissertation Work (includes 9 Research Papers, Two Phd Conference presentations, 1 Research Methodology Seminar, and a Viva-Voce) in Social Work on ‘Tribal Political Modernization’. Progress on dissertation data collection completed. Discontinued due to involvement in field service.
Fresh registration for PhD in Mumbai University in Sociology on Contextualizing Prostitution. Thesis submitted.
Completed certificate course in Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS)
• Planning Commission India:- Development Impact of Irrigation Schemes under the Employment Guarantee Scheme irrigation systems. Study in Cost-Benefit analysis
• International Labour Organization-ILO- Asia Asian Regional Team for Employment Promotion – ARTEP: Labour Market Analysis & Monitoring. Completed & submitted. Study in Labour economics.
• International Rice Research Institute, Manila: – Technological Infusion and Employment of Women in Rice Cultivation- (joint project). Published by IRRI in the book ‘Women & Farming’ ed. by Dr M. S. Swaminathan. Study in agro-economics
• Tribal Bondage, Migration, and Environmental Destruction- Case Study commissioned by the Board of Research Studies TISS. An article based thereon is published in the famous 1st ‘State of India’s Environment-citizen’s report released by Centre of Environment Studies New Delhi
• Case Study on Urban Recycling and Employment of Slum Dwellers published in UN-ENDA magazine with French translation.
• Planning Department Govt. of Maharashtra: – Study of Bonded Labour System in the State of Maharashtra. interdisciplinary study. 1976-77
• UN ESCAP and Association of Schools of Social Work in India (ASSWI) “Working with the Poor: Social Intervention in disadvantaged groups”, Published. 1978-79
• Research on ‘Post Rescue Operation’ released by Anti Trafficking Centre of Prerana
• Case Study on Indo-Bangladesh Cross Border Trafficking of Children commissioned by Groupe Development France South Asia Office (2008-9)
• UNICEF-Maharashtra:- Six District Study of the Situation of Trafficking of Children and children of Victims of trafficking. Completed, published by UNICEF. Rapid assessment study with an interdisciplinary approach. 1999-2000
• UNICEF New Delhi:- Nine Case studies of organizations working against child trafficking in the state of Maharashtra. 2002-3
• National Commission for Women India Legal study of Anti Trafficking Legislation in India – 2000 – 2001-2002. Published.
• National Commission for Women India Research Study on Sex Tourism on Indian West Coast. Published by NCW.
• Water Conservation & Management-Commonwealth Foundation, U.K. for a preliminary of CHOGM at HARARE Zimbabwe (Case Study on Sustainable Development- 1988
• Terre des Hommes Germany- (India programme)- project evaluation. interdisciplinary study.
• ENDA-UN affiliated French organization. Case studies on urban recycling & employment of slum dwellers in the informal sector. Published. Anthropological Study. 1979-80
• WORLD BANK:- Agricultural Wages Disaggregation of Regional Level Data a quantitative analysis Report submitted. It was a joint study. 1985-86
Contributions to Field projects: Direct action
• Fight against tribal bondage and environmental destruction in the ecologically sensitive Western Ghats through the platform of Pariwartan-84. Closed down the illegal activity and rehabilitated 70000 families of seasonally migrant tribals. Since 1987 till date run a residential school for the children of the ex bonded tribals in Pen Tahsil of Raigand district.
• Fight for the Drought Affected Paddy Cultivators of the backwater zones of Coastal Maharashtra. Successfully solved the problem and initiated a massive Kharland Development programme with the help of the European Union.
• Worked as a faculty consultant for the first field project for Health for All in FRCH-ICSSR-ICMR sponsored project in community health
• Worked on Tribal Bondage as a consultant to Vidhayak Sansad which eventually received the International Anti Slavery Award of UK.
• Founded Prerana and initiated comprehensive 24X7 field action against Second Generation Trafficking in Sex Trade of children born in red light areas. Since 1986 till date. Received several national and International acclaims and recognitions. Work located in red light areas of Mumbai and Navi Mumbai. Effective advocacy at global levels. Presented by the UN before the UN General Assembly as Best Practice Model of working with the women victims of organized crime April 2000 in Vienna.
• Coordinated Relief work in Andhra Pradesh Cyclone 1977, Bhopal Gas Tragedy 1985, Morvi Flood Gujarat, Worli Riots 1986, Jambhulpada Flood 1988
• Coordinated Urban Development Project at Worli of TISS (1978-80)
• Was presented before the Second World Congress as Best Practice Model of Networking
• Started the first Indian project of taking comprehensive care of HIV/AIDS affected children and women in Asia in 1986.
• Started the first Asian Network against trafficking
• Started the first anti-trafficking news service in Asia.
• Got started the first Special Court against Trafficking crime in India
• Made the first case of the sealing of brothels in India
• Started the first Indian experiment in co-management of state-run shelter facility
• Made the maximum number of Public Interest Litigations on trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation in India and obtained most landmark rulings and directives.
• Was documented by USAID & Washington University as ‘One of World’s 7 Best Approaches of Working with persons affected by HIV/AIDS’
• Till date run several field programmes starting from prevention, protection, rescue, post-rescue, care & support, psychosocial recovery, legal assistance, prosecution, victim witness, vocational training, job placement, aftercare, restoration, repatriation to Bangladesh, Nepal, East European countries, networking, social awareness, victim collectives, sensitization & training, research & development.
• Director- Anti Trafficking Centre supported by Bureau of Narcotics and International Law Enforcement State Department the USA and UNIFEM South Asian Regional Office up to date.
• 1st Project Director- Children Affected by AIDS- sponsored by USAID & Family Health International
• Trained maximum number of police officers in India against violence against children and women
• Evolved the much-needed success stories on the front rehabilitation of social victims
• Successfully influenced the policies of UN, USA and SAARC, Govt of India, Govt of Maharashtra
• Completed the writing of Child Protection Act for Andhra Pradesh as commissioned by Govt of Andhra Pradesh and UNICEF. It is the first law on child protection in India. Submitted recently. It is for placing a Bill before the legislature
• Nominated in June 2004 by U.S. Government as its nominee for the global position – U.N. Special Rapporteur on Human Trafficking
• Nominated by ECPAT International for the International Anti Slavery Award
• Elected unopposed by the Global Assembly of ECPAT International at a GBM in Bangkok as a member of its 7 member International Governing Board for 3 years. Subsequently elected by the GB as its Vice-Chairperson for 3 years
• Ran a comprehensive tribal development project and a farmers’ development programme from 1986-1992 in Raigad dist of Maharashtra
• Appointed by CRS India as a mentor to its 4 organizational project partners in India 2 Delhi, 1 in Chhattisgarh and 1 in Jharkhand 2006-09
Presentations in Conferences, Seminars, Workshops:
• Second World Congress against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Yokohama, Japan organized by Govt of Japan, UNICEF and ECPAT International
• World Summit on Path Breaking Initiatives Against Human Trafficking organized by the State Department, Govt of USA
• Salzburg Seminar Austria on deputation by the U.S. Consulate in India
• Presentation in CHOGM Preliminary in Harare, Zimbabwe NGO Forum on Sustainable Development on invitation from the Commonwealth Foundation. Selected unanimously by the members in India as its representative for the Forum
• Presentation in South Asian Conference in Islamabad organized by Govt of Pakistan and IOM-UN, Geneva
Contribution to Training Events:
• Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy Developmental Administration, Dehra Dun gender training of senior IAS officers as commissioned by UNICEF India (2010)
• Kathmandu, Nepal invited by i) Pro Public for the training of Judiciary in Nepal
• National Judicial Academy Bhopal for the training of judges from South Asia.
• Commissioned by UNODC& Maharashtra Police for the training of police officers (2007-08-09) 45 training programmes for over 1300 police officers in Maharashtra.
• National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) New Delhi for the training of various government officers in India
• Commissioned by CARITAS South Asia for training in Sri Lanka of its South Asian Project Directors.
• Central Advisory Committee, Govt of India for the training of members on Sex Tourism
• Innumerable training programmes for NGO representatives, elected representatives, representatives of women’s organizations, Directors and field staff of CHILDLINE, lawyers, prosecutors, police officials, media representatives, trade union workers,
• Training experience as part of TISS for 20 years and as part of Prerana for 15 years
• Training of village-level workers and rural activists in tribal development and farmers’ development as part of PAriwartan-84
Contribution as Resource Person:
• Member: First Indian Delegation on Environment Exposure EXPO 89 to West Germany on invitation of the Peace & Justice Commission, West Germany. 1989
• Member: Working Group (Public Health, Min of Health GOI) for the drafting of 10th Five
Year Plan (2002-2007) of India and then for the drafting of 11th Five Year Plan (2007-2012)
• Member: Advisory Board: International Campaign against Child Trafficking (ICaCT) initiated by the Terre des Hommes-Germany India Programme
• Taiwan, Asia Pacific Conference against Child Sexual Exploitation invited by ECPAT Taiwan
• Paris, France meeting with Groupe Development France & ECPAT-France
• Dhaka, Bangladesh SAARC Preliminary invited by AED Washington, BANWLA Dhaka
• Togo, Lome East Africa invited by ECPAT co-sponsored by ECPAT International France
• Centre for Police Research, Pune of Govt of Maharashtra for the training of police officers including IPS officers from all over India
• International Speaker to the U.S. for action against Hunger commissioned by Catholic Relief Services (2005)
• Coordinated South Asia Workshop as a part of the Global Summit against Human Trafficking organized in Washington D.C. by State Department U.S. Govt and others on invitation by Secretary State Department Mr Colin Powel (2003)
• Policies on Human Trafficking for South Asia Islamabad on the invitation of International Office for Migration–UN and Ministry of Interior Pakistan (2004)
• Second World Congress against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children hosted by ECPAT International, UNICEF, and Govt of Japan at Yokohama in 2000 (Best Practice in Networking)
• In several workshops and events organized by USAID, UNICEF, UNIFEM, UNDP, National Commission for Women, Govt of India, etc.
• Expert for Electronic Media – CNN-IBN, IBN Lokmat, Sahyadri, (DD), Zee, NDTV, TV9, Sakshi, Star Majha, Voice of America – Radio, BBC International TV Channel, 92 FM, Radio Mirchi, etc and for Print Media- TOI, IE, Free Press, DNA, Loksatta, Maharashtra Times, Prahar, etc.
Contributions to Knowledgebase
Served as Research Consultant to:
• ILO – Labour Market Monitoring and Manpower Planning in Middle Scale Industries -1992
• UNICEF – 2001
• Group Development 2009
• Asian Development Bank – 2005
• IRRI Manila -1999
• Planning Commission India_ Development Impact of EGS in Maharashtra (1987)
• Planning Board Govt of Maharashtra Study of Bonded Labour (1977)
• National Commission for Women – 200
Books & Reports
Handbooks & Manuals:
• Minimum Standards of Care & Support Services for the victims of Human Trafficking and other Forms of Violence published by AED –USA. Also translated in Hindi, Sinhali, & Bangla
• Manual on Intervention Against Child Trafficking published by CHILDLINE India
• Handbook on Victim Witness Protection commissioned by The Asia Foundation completed being published.
• Drafted the South Asian Regional Protocols Minimum Standard of Care & Support Services for the victims of Human Trafficking and other Forms of Violence as commissioned by Regional Action Forum and AED –USA. Also translated in Marathi, Sinhali, Telugu, Bangla, Hindi, Gujrati, and other languages
Collection of short stories in Marathi:
• Field Work (1988) bagged 3 Awards in all India Marathi entries
• Sati (1993) bagged 3 Awards in all India Marathi entries
• Deluge (Won National Level ‘Katha Award’ for Short Stories from Katha Foundation, New Delhi
• Kunachya Khandhyavar (2010)
Published 30 short stories in various Marathi magazines
• Directed making of two (Hindi & Marathi) audio cassettes of songs against human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation includes singers like Mahalaxmi Aiyer, Shivparasad Mallya, Sanjivani Bhelande and others)
• Released 9 TV Fillers of the app. 45 seconds each on child protection female foeticide etc in collaboration with Leo Burnett which received following awards;
• Bronze at Goafest India 2008
• Cannes Festival SILVER 2006
• Cannes Festival FINALIST 2006
• Hong Kong Fest 2006
• SILVER – New York International Advertising Film Festival 2007
• Consultant to Prayog’s video film Samvedana that bagged the 1st prize at Jadavpur Uni and Chitra Chetana W.B. 1st Video Film Festival of India
• Served as the 1st Acting Secretary of the Audio-Visual Unit of TISS and worked closely with the famous playwright of India Prof Vijay Tendulkar in making of Super-8 colour films for social development two of which bagged prizes
• Appointed by TISS as a script consultant to Prof Ashok Vaishnavi for scriptwriting for teleserial Manzil Apni Apni (1992). The serial bagged the Cine Professionals’ Award.
• A Marathi play based on my short story ‘Relief’ bagged 9 prestigious awards in Marathi theatre (2007)
Current work- English translation of the earlier collections
Contributions to institution building:
• Founder Prerana a winner of several international acclaims including the International STAR Impact Award 2010, Civil Society Award of UNAID, etc.
• Founder Pariwartan-84
• Founder Prayog – Non-profit making group for audiovisual contributions to social development
• Trustee – Child Relief & You (CRY)
• Founder Member Action Against Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation of Children (ATSEC) India
• Founder and National Convener: Network Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation & Trafficking (NACSET) From 2001-2008
• Founder Member South Asian Forum Against Human Trafficking (SAFAHT) with the secretariat at United Nations Fund for Women (UNIFEM – South Asia Regional office)
• Vice President Non-Teaching Employees Union TISS
• Founder of a Mass organization Khar Dongar Mehnat Aghadi a front of peasant and tribals of Raigad dist.
• Founder and Initial Convener of a mass organization Sarva Hara Jan Andolan Konkan region Maharashtra. It continues to be s mass organization till date
• Committee member TISS Employees Credit Cooperative Society 3 years
• Samaj Sudharak Gopal Ganesh Agarkar Award 2003 by Lokmanya Seva Sangh Vile Parle
• “Spirit of Making Difference Award 2003” by MASTEK a software company. Shared with Mrs Priti Patkar.
• Salute Award and felicitated by BIG 92.7 FM Radio on the occasion of 26th January 2007 the Indian Republic Day. Shared with Mrs Priti
• Series of 3 Special TV episodes on life and social contributions of Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar telecast on Sahyadri Channel (2007-2008)
• Pravin Patkar interviewed on Hello Sakhi live Talk Show on Sahyadri channel. In all 6 live shows on Hello Sakhi so far.
• Two episodes on Pravin Patkar on Dilkhulas on ‘Mee Marathi’ Marathi channel telecast in November 2007.
• Nominated by US Govt as US Nominee to the global position of UN Special Rapporteur on Human Trafficking
• First Jury for NASSCOM Award for consecutive 3 years 2008-09-10
• Two-page article on Pravin & Priti Patkar in STATE the house magazine of State Department USA (2008)
• In Search of New Legislation Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation & Trafficking: Authors – Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar. (Pages. 220)
• Trafficking & Commercial Sexual Exploitation: International Conventions, Laws, & Policy: Authors – Pravin Patkar, Priti Patkar, Ad Monica Sakhrani. Released by ATC Prerana.
• Frequently Asked Questions on Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking. Authors – Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar (Pages- 168)
• ARMOUR: A Resource Directory for Police, Judges and State Agencies & Voluntary agencies engaged in Anti Trafficking work, Authors – Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar Two editions financed by UNICEF. (Pages- 234)
• Report of Research on Incidence of Trafficking of Children for Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Situation of Children of Victims of CSE&T: Six District Study Author Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar, Published by UNICEF Maharashtra. 2001
• Home Investigation Report – An Effective Guide in Post Rescue Operation of Minor Girls 2004. Sponsor Groupe Developpement France. Printed by ATC Prerana.
• Report on Sex Tourism on West Coast of India: 2003. for National Commission for Women. Published by National Commission for Women (2004)
• Post Rescue Operation: released by ATC-Prerana authored by Pravin & Priti Patkar (2005)
• Book – Bajaru Laingik Shoshan Aani Manavi Vahatuk: Published by Navchaitanya Prakashan Mumbai, 2005.
• Manual on Positive Intervention in Trafficking & Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: Author: Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar: Published by CHILDLINE India in May 2003.
• Documentation of best practices in child protection against trafficking and sexual crimes in Western India for UNICEF – New Delhi
• Children Affected by AIDS: Lessons Learnt: by Priti Patkar and Pravin Patkar. Draft disseminated on 18th March 2004. Sponsor USAID/FHI. Approved by USAID for printing.
• Restoring Justice: issues in Trafficking of Women for Commercial Sexual Exploitation: Article published in March 2003 issue of “Combat Law” publication of India Centre of Human Rights & Law. Author Pravin Patkar.
• Handbook on Victim Witness Protection for Victims of Trafficking & Other Forms of Violence on request of The Asia Foundation. The draft submitted in November 2007. To be published by The Asia Foundation.
Drafted and edited:
• South Asian Regional Protocol on Minimum Standards of Care & Support for Victims of Trafficking for Regional Action Forum AED Washington D.C. USA. (2005)
• Handbook based on South Asian Regional Protocol on Minimum Standards of care & Support for Victims of Trafficking (2006). English. Supported by AED Washington D. C.
• Handbook based on South Asian Regional Protocol on Minimum Standards of care & Support for Victims of Trafficking (2006), Hindi version. Supported by AED Washington D. C.
• Handbook on Victim Witness Protection for victims of trafficking. Completed. To be published by The Asia Foundation.
• Avaidh Manavi Vyapar Ke Khilaf Abhiyan: Hindi – Pravin & Priti Patkar. Printing supported by American Centre Mumbai.
• Aabhal Uchalatana: Edited collection of case studies for CRS Maharashtra (2006)
• Marathi Story – Kunachya Khandyavar Author Pravin Patkar. Story sought by MDACS – Mumbai District AIDS Control Society on the interface between HIV/AIDS and human dynamics. Published by MDACS with the title Positive..
• Kanyadan: Diwali Special Maharashtra Times 2003
• Muli: Story in Akshar Diwali 2005
• Kale Gore Aani Africa: Bhramanti 2007
• Laksh Laksh Yoni: Long story in ‘Purush Spandan’ Diwali special 2008.
• Navya Sahastrakateel Avhane published in Maharashtra Times 5th & 12th March 2000 Sunday Special: Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: challenges at the outset of the new millennium Published in Marathi. Authors – Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar (2000)
• Imaan Nasalele Dhoran: Commentary on Policy on Stray Dogs and Suggestions on the current stalemate. Pravin Patkar 8 January 2003 Loksatta Sunday Special.
• Lalbatti Vibhagateel Balake: Author Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar, Published in Palakniti Diwali Special 2001. On issues of children in red light areas.
• Jagtikikaran Ani Dehbajar: Author Pravin & Priti Patkar, Article published in StreeShakti Annual Dec 2001.
• Jakham Mandila Malam Shendila: Article by Pravin Patkar published in Stragdhara Diwali Special 2000. On issues related to the faulty policy on HIV/AIDS. Analytical article on historical origins of the policy.
• Kelyane Paryatan Va Cybertan Balak Balikanche Laingik Bazar: Pravin Patkar. Published in Kadamb Diwali special 2002.
• Phasavilele Tarunya: Article published in Bahushrut Diwali Special 2001. Pravin Patkar. On the issue of global trafficking of young girls for flesh trade.
• Kurukshetra Bajarache: Author Pravin Patkar. Published in Stragdhara Diwali Special 2002.
• Bajaru Laingik Shoshanachi Samasya Ani Tyavirodhatil Ladhaee: Pravin Patkar & Priti Patkar Sought by Pariwartan (Dombivali) for its Diwali Special. Submitted in Sep 2002). No news on the follow-up or release of the Issue.
• Aabhal Uchalatana: Stories from the field for Catholic Relief services Maharashtra 2006
• Balakanche Laingik Shoshan Article on child sexual exploitation Published in Maharashtra Times
• ‘Pornographichya Vilakhyat’: Article on pornography and exploitation of children published in Maitreen, 2007
• NGO che Antrang- Marathi article on the innards of the NGOs published in Granthayan Diwali 2009
• Sex Workers Unionchya Nimittane: Article for circulation. Not officially published. Not officially submitted to anyone for publication. To be incorporated in the forthcoming book on commercial sexual exploitation & prostitution. Author Pravin Patkar. Discusses the issue of recognizing victims of CSE&T as Workers and granting Trade Union Status to their organizations.
• Laingik Gunhevishayak Shikshechya Tartudincha Vichar: Author Pravin Patkar: article on penal provisions for sexual offices and suggestions for reforms in the same. To be incorporated in the forthcoming book on commercial sexual exploitation & prostitution.
• Chandanachya Janglatun Author Pravin Patkar. Published in Maharashtra Times Sunday Special 25 August 2000. On Sandal Smuggler Veerappan myth and the reality
• Veshya Vyavasayache Kaydeshirikaran: Article in Kadamb Diwali 2004 Pravin Patkar
• Pornographic Sahityacha Tarantula: Article in Deepawali Diwali 2005 Pravin Patkar
• Antarang Dakhavinara Padada: Review of Films on Flesh Trade, Kadamb Diwali 2005
• Veshyavyavasaya Khula Karanyacha Prayatn: Article in Sunday Loksatta 10th August 2005
• Pot Ani Sphot: Marathi article on the exploitation of children in organized begging and non-enforcement of the law. Sunday special supplement Loktsatta October 2006
• Majhe Shikane Ani Shikavane: (My Teaching & Learning): Article on Experiments in Education of Disadvantaged Children, published in Diwali issue of Kadamb 2006.education
• Khunke Dhabbe Dhulenge Kitni Barsaton Ke Baad: Article published in Sakal Sunday Special on October 2005 trip to Pakistan
• Anudini Anutape: article on ‘rising expression of rage in public life’ Kadamb Diwali special 2008
• Stories and Articles on the Dance Bar ban issue
• Muli: Long story based on Dance bar issue published in Akshar Diwali 2005
• Baap Dakhava Nahi Tar. . . : Article in Saamna Aug 2005
• Punarvasanateel Dhoke: Article in Maharashtra Times July 2005
• Khara Sangharsh Khare Punarvasan: Article in Loksatta July 2005
Marathi Stories, books and Awards for Literary Work:
1) ‘FIELDWORK’: 1990 winner of 3 prestigious awards
a) Maharashtra State Award for Best Literature
b) Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad Award for Best Collection of Short Stories
c) Marwari Sammelan’s ‘The Ghanashyamdas Saraf – Sahitya Sanman Award’
2) ‘SATI’: 1996 winner of 3 prestigious awards
• Shri. Keshavrao Kothawale Award for best literature Award (best among all forms of literature). The Cash Award of Rs. 15,000/- was donated to Samajik Krutadnyata Nidhi.
• Maharashtra Konkan Sahitya Parishad Award for the best collection of short stories
• Maharashtra Rajya Sahitya Parishad Award for the Best Book
3) KUNACHYA KHANDHYAVAR – Collection of Short Stories in Marathi published 2010. Maitreya Prakashan
Story Deluge- Received the National Level Katha Award New Delhi. Translated in English and included in Katha Prized Stories Collection Vol III.
Covered by US Government with a two-page story in STATE the House Magazine of State Department May 2008
Covered by SPAN the American Centre’s magazine in 2010
Covered by M J Akbar & Vinod Dua for DD in Newsweek for environment protection initiative in 1986 for national telecast
Covered by Vijay Tendulkar for Dindee a Sunday Special on Doordarshan
Married to Priti Pravin Patkar
Gitamritam speaker in the years 2012, 2013.